Sunday 23 October 2011

About Autumn.

It's Autumn. The crisp leaves are desending onto the soggy pavement, ready to be crunched and kicked around under a happy child's feet. The last of the ripened fruit falls off branches clumsily, before you have time to catch them. However summer turning to winter brings trees dense with darkness and the occasional ray of a street light hitting the side of a leaf as it cascades in the wind. Short grey days. The once ripened fruit combining with the grit on the pavement and becoming somewhat mulch. Trying to stay happy if you are above the age of 15, suddenly becomes a challenge. Today, I am as depressed as a cold cup of tea. I find my emotions are as changing as the seasons. Like the sudden leafy stripping of a tree, my feelings become cold and oversensitive. Friends that are too close for a hug suddenly become distant and unresponsive....still I tell myself to find good things in the day. Running down the hill listening to the somewhat familiar sound of a stick against a metal pole-fence. Being graced by the hallowing yet comforting over sized silhouettes of blackened evergreens, as the become absorbed by darkness and stand proud in the moonlight. I always found something comforting about a dark forest.. or just a piece of nature that looked quite beautiful. Funny how even the posture of a tree can make you want to curl up and sleep under it. Or is that just me? The gray paths lit by possesive false rays, but being comforted by your own shadow. Then theres the mystical sense of magic, as the wind catches your hair and rolls tiny bits of autumn in it's current. Reminds me of every time muffasah appears in the clouds in the lion king. I guess thats how I must think of it. Like a lion running through barren and dry lands to get to the land bursting with life, Autumn may come, the grass will turn green again.

No comments:

Post a Comment